Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Saturday, April 9, 2016

April 9 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
The Word Shows He is Certain
 

Daily Scripture
Philippians 1:6
...being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.
 
Encouragement
Charles Spurgeon said: "Where is there an instance of God's beginning any work and leaving it incomplete? Show me for once a world abandoned and thrown aside half formed; show me a universe cast off from the Great Potter's wheel, with the design in outline, the clay half hardened, and the form unshapely from incompleteness."
 
Apply God’s Word
As Charles Spurgeon has sufficiently stated, the God in which we have placed our trust has never been found insufficient to finish what He has started. That’s great news for us all. I have been given up on, and I have given up on projects that are not fully complete. If that doesn’t seem believable, then ask my wife. She knows well the things that I started and just didn’t finish. God is not only the starter, He is a finisher. So rest in the knowledge that He is going nowhere until His work in us is finished.

Come into His Presence
Father, in the past I have been guilty of starting things that I didn’t finish. I ask for Your help to be as good at finishing as I am as starting. In Jesus Name I pray, amen.
Ed Herald
Senior Pastor


Email Pastor Ed
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment