Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Friday, April 22, 2016

April 22 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
Learn From Me
 

Daily Scripture
Matthew 11:28-30 (MSG)
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me - watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
(
KJV)
"...Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."
 
Encouragement
As we have learned, laws are not the answer to our world's problems. Laws by themselves are not the answer for a believer, ether. The heart is the problem, and we all need God to help us follow the new heart He gave us. Laws without guidance offer little to no help with the challenges we face in this life. The followers of Jesus’ day were given a new heart and they were encouraged to follow that new heart. The Jews couldn’t bring themselves to believe Jesus’ message of salvation was that simple. Jesus came to not only set men free, but He also came to model the life that brings freedom.
 
Apply God’s Word
I love what Jesus told them. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. A real rest means there is a rest that isn’t a real rest. I believe the rest He is talking about is a stress free rest. Who is your source today? Is it you job? Your spouse? Your children? Yourself? None of the above!!! Jesus wants to teach us how to rest the right way. Not the worlds way. The world is trying to get someplace so they can rest, but Jesus’ rest is the kind that helps us get there, and no stress is welcome on the journey. So stop resisting a rest. I have never been arrested, but I have watched a few Cop shows. And let me tell you it looks a whole lot easier to surrender than it is to run when a police officer is asking you to put your hands behind your back. So chose to rest in Him today. Your day will go much easier.

Come into His Presence
Father, help me today to learn only from You. I want to live the life You want me to, a life that brings me freedom. Please help me today to listen to Your way of doing things. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Ed Herald
Senior Pastor


Email Pastor Ed
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment