Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Monday, April 25, 2016

April 25 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
Can I Really Please God?
 

Daily Scripture
Hebrews 11:6
“…Without faith it is impossible to please God…”
  
Encouragement
If there is anything we learned coming from the Dark Ages, it was that God was up there, just waiting for us to mess up. And when we did He was willing and able to zap us at any moment. The problem with the theology, that still exists today, is that it doesn’t show the true personality of God. We know that God has a corrective side that we all need when we are out of line, but those who live under the inordinate fear of God's wrath if they get out of line are missing the virtue of knowing that they can live pleasing to God.
 
Apply God’s Word
The Bible offers us plenty of ways to please God. Our text shows us one, and that is to trust Him. We learned yesterday in our devotional that placing our trust in the wrong things is unhealthy. Here, God is telling us that there is a way to live pleasing to Him. Now, for those of you that may be pruned to performance for acceptance, this is not what the text is suggesting. What it is suggesting is that just as a father is pleased with his son or daughter’s choices, God is pleased when we choose the better way as well. And let me add to that when we are displeasing, we are still His child! We simply need to get back into His Graces!

Come into His Presence
Father, help me to please You today. I want to make the right choice to honor You. To see that smile from Your face that I have made the right decision. I know at times I will displease You, but I also know that in those moments I’m still loved by You, and always will be. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.
Ed Herald
Senior Pastor


Email Pastor Ed
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment