Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

April 27 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
Medication of Meditation
 

Daily Scripture
Psalm 37:7
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Do not fret--it only causes harm.
  
Encouragement
In his groundbreaking book Adrenaline and Stress, Dr. Archibald Hart supports this idea with results from the research he’s done. “People in a hurry don’t allow time for their complex bodies and minds to become revitalized,” he wrote. “So they accelerate the wear and tear of their bodies. There is no time for contemplation or even meditation. Anxiety increases and they lose perspective on their problems because they don’t have time to think constructively. This makes them even more stressed and less able to cope with the strains of life, thus exacerbating the stress of life. “
 
Apply God’s Word
If we don’t stop, we may just drop! I’m not trying to be negative today. Just honest. At my age, and I choose to not be all that honest and give it away (Oh, okay, if you must know, 54), I feel the effects of years without the right kind of rest. When I say rest, I mean the rest that regenerates your mind, soul and spirit. This is both in the physical and in the spiritual. From our text we are encouraged to “Rest in the Lord” … What I believe He is alluding to is meditation. It’s the prescription for what ails us, both for the body and for the soul. Anger and fretting are not welcome in meditation.

Come into His Presence
Father, I can get hot quick when things don’t seem to work out to my good. I know You're trying to work this out of me by pushing me to be patient and rest. That’s what’s better for me anyway, so today I’m going to chill!!! In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.
Ed Herald
Senior Pastor


Email Pastor Ed
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment