Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Saturday, April 2, 2016

April 2 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
Tripping Over Their Own Tongues

Daily Scripture
Psalm 64:7-8, 10 (HCSB) 
"But God will shoot them with arrows; suddenly, they will be wounded. They will be made to stumble; their own tongues will work against them. All who see them will shake their heads... The righteous one rejoices in the Lord and takes refuge in Him; all those who are upright in heart will offer praise."

Encouragement
When I was working as a collector, I would arrive to work a couple hours early to read my Bible and pray. Those were wonderful times with the Lord. But my supervisor began complaining and telling me to stop doing that. I went to Human Resources and asked if it was okay for me to do that. They said that as long as it wasn't on company time, it was fine. I assured them it was not. My supervisor began talking about me both behind my back. He plotted my downfall, as well as made fun of me for spending time with the Lord. That year, I almost died in the hospital, and my pastor and grandma died of various diseases. My boss said, "You are very religious, but it seems like everything bad happens to you. It's like a black cloud follows you around. You always have problems." That's when I heard the Lord say, "Yep... and he's about to have a big one!" Three weeks later he was fired.

Apply God’s Word
Sometimes there are people who are just out to get you. It's not like that all the time, and then there are some who think the whole world's against them, when they are the ones who place themselves in warranted persecution. The point is, when you're in a bind, whatever it may be, trusting in the Lord as your refuge is always a wise thing to do. He will always take care of you, whether immediately or down the road. Trusting in God is always the best idea.

Come into His Presence
God, protect me from people who may be plotting my downfall. Show me when my concerns are real or unwarranted. Help me to always trust in You in all things. In Jesus' name, amen.
 
Greg Minassian
Pastor


Email Pastor Greg
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment