Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Monday, July 25, 2016

July 25 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
A Life of Integrity

Daily Scripture
Psalm 101:2-4 (HCSB) 
"I will live with a heart of integrity in my house. I will not set anything worthless before my eyes. I hate the practice of transgression; it will not cling to me. A devious heart will be far from me; I will not be involved with evil."
Encouragement
A definition is integrity is doing the right thing even when nobody is looking. It is a choice. It means you're the same when you're in front of others, or by yourself. There are many who act one way in front of others, even teach people to act a certain way. Sadly, some of these same people say one thing, yet do another. This is not walking with integrity. In the New Testament, Jesus did not come against the religious leaders' teaching as much as He did their lack of observing what they themselves taught. To choose to walk with integrity means that you have chosen an honest life. The thing about honesty is that you never have to remember what you said or did. It means you don't have to make up stories to cover yourself. When you're honest, you set a standard for yourself that commands respect from people, even if your honesty gets you into trouble.

Take Action!
Choose to be a person of integrity. God will bless that. Make honesty your policy and that will give you a good name amongst outsiders, whether they like you or not (see Proverbs 22:1). People respect honest people. This doesn't mean that you have to volunteer every stitch of information you know, and not everyone needs to know everything about you. There are times that ignorance really is bliss. But learn to be the same person in and out of the public eye and God will bless you.

Come into His Presence
Lord, please forgive me for the times I have not walked with integrity. Cause me to desire to do Your will when it comes to being truthful and the same person in and out of the public eye. Let me have a good name with You. I choose integrity. In Jesus' name, amen.
 
Greg Minassian
Pastor


Email Pastor Greg
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment