Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August 31 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
Revive Us Again!
 

Daily Scripture
Psalms 85:4-7
Restore us, O God of our salvation, And cause Your anger toward us to cease. Will You be angry with us forever? Will You prolong Your anger to all generations? Will You not revive us again, That Your people may rejoice in You? Show us Your mercy, Lord, And grant us Your salvation.”
 
Encouragement 
God is looking for worshipers who are hungry for His presence, hungry for a renewal of His Spirit again! Are you hungry for Him? Here in Psalm 85 we read the Psalmist crying out for renewal, refreshing, restoration; even to the point of asking God questions and then praying that the answer will be His lovingkindness, grace, and mercy! In these 4 verses we not only hear the cry of the heart of this Psalmist and the nation he represents but also the confession of turning away from God.

Take Action!
Today, receive the challenge with me to openly repent, stir up hunger, and turn away from sinful ways so that we can humbly ask the Father to revive us again, to restore us to usefulness. The word ‘revival’ really means ‘to be made useful again.’ Pray for the people around you today too! Pray that the lost will be found, the religious will turn back to God, and revival would sweep our land: restoration, renewal, salvation!
 
Come into His Presence
Heavenly Father, begin with me. I repent of all of my sins before You and ask for Your grace and mercy. Will You be angry with me forever? Will You not revive me again so that I can rejoice in You? Show me Your glory, Jesus, and grant me Your precious salvation. In Jesus' Name I ask this, Amen.
Jarrod Herald
Pastor

Email Jarrod
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment