Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Thursday, August 25, 2016

August 25 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
High Priest and King

Daily Scripture
Psalm 110:1-2 (HCSB) 
"This is the declaration of the Lord: 'Sit at My right hand until I make Your enemies Your footstool.' The Lord will extend Your mighty scepter from Zion. Rule over Your surrounding enemies."

Encouragement
The psalmist wrote this psalm concerning David's dynasty, but it is prophetic in nature because it's ultimately Messianic in nature. In other words, everything written here is fulfilled in Jesus (see the entire book of Hebrews with special emphasis on chapter 5). God the Father is talking to Jesus, Who is God the Son. Verse four speaks of how the Messiah is a King like Melchizedek, which when translated meansKing of Righteousness. Melchizedek is first mentioned in fourteenth chapter of Genesis, and he is called the priest of the Most High God. Since the first-century church saw the Old Testament as being fulfilled in Jesus Christ, as true Christians also do. Ultimately Jesus becomes Lord of all. His death, burial, resurrection, ascension into heaven and coronation as the righteous King has proven that He is indeed Lord of all.
Take Action!
No matter how life is on earth; no matter who seems to be in control; ultimately Jesus is Lord of all, and He is God. He is everywhere, knows everything and is all-powerful. He was with God in the beginning (see John 1:1-14) and is here now. This should encourage every believer to know that God is near. He is just a breath away. No matter what you may be going through, Jesus is available day or night. I once was at a low point in my ministry, when I read on a church sign, "God is up all night..." That was all I needed to read. I remember feeling grateful that Jesus was there with me. That night I poured out my heart to Him. You can too. No matter who you are, be grateful if you are a believer because Jesus, the High Priest and King; Lord of all, is here with you right now!

Come into His Presence
Father, I rejoice in You! Thank You for being there for me. Thank You for being my Lord and Savior. Please forgive me for all of my sins and all of the times I have tried to be in control, knowingly or unknowingly leaving You out of my decisions. I ask You to be Lord of my life. I surrender to You today. In Jesus' name, amen.
 
Greg Minassian
Pastor


Email Pastor Greg
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment