Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Friday, August 19, 2016

August 19 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
Audience of One

Daily Scripture
Psalm 112:1- (HCSB) 
"My life is down in the dust; give me life through Your word. I told You about my life, and You listened to me; teach me Your statutes. Help me understand the meaning of Your precepts so I can meditate on Your wonders. I am weary from grief; strengthen me through Your word."

Encouragement
The psalmist feels down and in need of a listening ear and guidance. He also points out that God took the time to really listen to him when He approached Him. Not only that, but he took solace in knowing that there is both life and strength in God's word. We call it the Bible. In these verses, the psalmist knew that deception and confusion is not from God, but rather truth and clarity. The problem is that people want clarity and God's answer on the fly... and they want it fast. This sort of relationship, like the psalmist would tell us, comes from spending lots of time with God, instead of using Him as some sort of fire extinguisher when the fires of life come at you. That's why most give up on God because they don't get His answer in their time.

Take Action!
Start today. Don't wait. Read your Bible and seek the face of God so you may know Him more and more. There is never an end to knowing Him. Learn to meditate on Him and His word. Don't use the Bible as a "quick fix." It never really works. God will never scream over the hustle and bustle of your life. Choices must be made. Sometimes it takes putting the cell phone down to spend time with the Lord by sitting quietly and listening to hear His voice. You may not hear something for awhile because you're so used to getting answers quickly. Learn the difference between a microwaved meal vs a good home-cooked one. The latter is always the best, and so is waiting on the Lord to understand His voice and His word.

Come into His Presence
Lord, I am so wanting to hear Your voice and understand Your word! I need an overhaul on my spirit from the Holy Spirit. Cause me to calm down and see You in the right perspective, and really learn to hear You. I need You, Lord. Redirect my listening and fix my wanter to want what You want. Thank You for not giving up on me. In Jesus' name, amen.
 
Greg Minassian
Pastor


Email Pastor Greg
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment