Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Sunday, August 21, 2016

August 21 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
God Uses One for Many
 

Daily Scripture
Isaiah 59:21
As for me, this is my covenant with them,” says the Lord. “My Spirit, who is on you, will not depart from you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will always be on your lips, on the lips of your children and on the lips of their descendants—from this time on and forever,” says the Lord.”
 
Encouragement
I have seen in my own life how changes can be made to develop a lifestyle that follows Christ. My mother introduced me to God through church when I was very young (she was "the one" in my past). It wasn't actively being pursued, but I knew my family believed in Christ and I knew there was a right way to live. That's not to say that I didn't push those limits growing up (especially as a teenager/young adult), but I always had this voice inside of me calling me to come back and do what I knew was right. As I moved into adulthood and became a mother myself, that call got stronger. I experimented with churches, and attended mostly on the "special holidays". I had an episode in my life that made me fall pretty hard, and the only way up was to look into the face of Jesus. I made the decision that it was time that I committed myself to finding a church home because I needed God regularly in my life. I became "the one" God used to make a change and now, my entire family is devoted to Christ, involved in church regularly, and I have grandchildren that are being brought up with more faith and trust in God than I ever had at their age. I truly believe that greater things are yet to come for them because of the foundation that their life is being built on.

Take Action!
If you can relate to this in any way, know that it is NEVER TOO LATE to change the way you have been living or the way you have been doing things, and commit your life to Christ to do better. Believe me when I say that the people around you need to have more of Jesus, and you may be "the one" He uses to make a difference for their future. You may never know the full impact that you are making in someone else's life by living yours for Christ; in some ways you don't need to... God is the one that causes the changes (therefore we can't brag upon ourselves). Our responsibility is to be obedient to His will, and do what He requires us to do.
 
Come into His Presence
What an amazing God You are! Thank You that You love us enough to make the crooked paths straight, forgive us of our mistakes, and that You turn the curses around to bless the many. Let us be "the one", God! Amen

Kalyn Petersen
Greeter Ministry Director


Email Kalyn
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment