Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Saturday, May 28, 2016

May 28 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
When The True Worshipers...
 

Daily Scripture
John 4:23-24
But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
 
Encouragement 
So many times we make ‘worship time’ in church services to be only music focused or driven. This is not the case. Yes, we naturally want use musical abilities (art, writing, movements, etc.) to express our love for God but those are simply the expressions. The Father is looking, searching out, and finding those ‘true worshipers’ who are totally abandoned to Him; those worshipers who won’t compromise their love for Him.

Apply God’s Word
The word ‘worshiper’ here in John 4 is the Greek word ‘proskuneo’, which means to bow down and kiss the feet; like a dog who licks it’s Master’s hand. The Father is seeking the humble-ones, the totally devoted-ones who serve Him in Spirit and in Truth; who worship in Spirit and in Truth. These are the worshipers His heart seeks and desires. These are the worshipers He wants to flow revival through. Are you such a worshiper?
 
Come into His Presence
Heavenly Father, here I am, I am Yours. I bow down right now and kiss Your feet with my praises, with my life. I know You are seeking true worshipers and I pray that You find one in me. Raise me up Lord in Your strength so I can worship You even more! I am Yours. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Jarrod Herald
Pastor

Email Jarrod
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment