Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Monday, May 16, 2016

May 16 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
The Big Payoff
 

Daily Scripture
Matthew 24:45-47, 25:1-30


Encouragement
All week we have been talking about humility, service, and putting others first. Today, I want to encourage you that even though serving others can be laborious, difficult, and challenging, it is and will be worth it! In Matthew 24:46 we are told that if we as servants are faithful, we will receive a reward. That reward is being put in charge of everything the Master owns. Wow! For me, the greater reward is found in Matthew 25:23 when our Master will say to us, “well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let's celebrate together!”


Apply God’s Word
Application for today's encouragement can be found in Galatians 6:7-10. Paul tells us to not grow weary in our well-doing, our serving. He tells us that we will reap a timely harvest if we don't give up and quit! Verse 10 tells us to look for our opportunities to serve, especially to those in the family of faith. So, my friends and faith family, keep serving even when you think you may never see any results. Because God's word is true and he promises us the reward!


Come into His Presence
Father, help me to not grow weary in my serving! Give me Your strength to accomplish the task before me. Help me to serve You until the day I can see You face to face and hear You say “well done!” In Jesus' name, amen.
Brian Fatheree
Pastor


Email Pastor Brian
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment