Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

May 11 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
Pay the Ransom!
 

Daily Scripture
Matthew 20:25-28
But Jesus called them to Himself and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and those who are great exercise authority over them. Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant. And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave—just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.”

Encouragement
If anyone ever had the right to demand to be served, it would be Jesus! But, He took this opportunity in Matthew 20 to express His and the Father's heart to all of mankind. He states in verse 28 that “EVEN the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others.” But He didn't leave it there. Nope, He takes this service thing to an entirely different level. Jesus says he came “to give His life as a ransom for many”! Now, I am not saying you should die like He did for others on a bloody cross. I am, however, strongly suggesting that each of us live sacrificially by serving others so that their lives might be ransomed by Jesus.

Apply God’s Word
From the time my children could understand the difference between yes and no, I have preached to them the practice of consideration. Serving others, in its simplest form, is really considering others' needs, emotions, ambitions, and well-being before our own. If we could just start by being more considerate to those around us, serving can and will become part of our nature and character.


Come into His Presence
Father, help me to remember that I am not the center of the universe, that all things do not revolve around my life, my schedule, and my preferences. Help me to emulate Jesus' attitude of serving before being served. Help me, Lord, to be considerate of others in my daily interactions with people in my family, my community, and my church! In Jesus' name, amen.
Brian Fatheree
Pastor


Email Pastor Brian
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment