Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Thursday, May 26, 2016

May 26 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
Praise vs. Complaining
 

Daily Scripture
Psalm 23:3
But You are holy, enthroned on the praises of Your people.”
 
Encouragement 
God truly loves our worship. Let me ask you, how many times in a day do you lift up a grateful heart of thanksgiving to the Lord? A little deeper, how many times do we petition God for things rather than thank Him for all He has done, is doing, and is going to do? Here in Psalm 22:3, we read that God is ‘enthroned on the praises’ of His people. Enthroned means that He inhabits, He sits in rulership, He OWNS the worship from His people.

Apply God’s Word
Today, how is your worship doing? Is your life a ‘song of praise’ that He enthrones, inhabits? Let me encourage you to watch your mouth and your attitude. If the Lord inhabits praises and brings peace, then the devil inhabits complaining and brings chaos. I’ve also heard it said that ‘complaining’ is the worship song of hell. Think about this. There is constant praise, thanksgiving, and declaration of God’s holiness going on in heaven right now. Why should our praise be any different?
 
Come into His Presence
Heavenly Father, enthrone my praise today. Inhabit my life. My life-song is for You, my heart beats for You. Give me grace this day to glorify You in all I do and to keep my mouth from complaining. I will instead offer You praises and thanksgiving. In Jesus’ Name, amen.
Jarrod Herald
Pastor

Email Jarrod
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment