Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Saturday, May 21, 2016

May 21 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
Where Are Your Desires?
 

Daily Scripture
Mark 8:34
"Whoever desires to come after Me …”
  
Encouragement
Two desires to deal with, the desire to die to self, or the desire to live for self. The question we all must look at honestly: Where is my desire? Fasting is a way to redirect our desires. What we once thought was good to desire can be changed through fasting. Psalms 73:24 says, “You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.”
 
Apply God’s Word
Everyone needs the refreshing of a good cleansing from toxins that can hide in our body. Especially in the way of foods and drinks can be harmful to us in the long run. We need times of cleansing to restart our body's immune system properly. I believe fasting can provide both a cleansing for the body and for the soul. A three day fast can certainly accomplish this, but use caution. Ask your physician before trying this.

Come into His Presence
Father, help me to rid myself of the effects of this present world. As I fast, show me the things that need to be removed from my life. Help me to begin to hear and see clearly. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.
Ed Herald
Senior Pastor


Email Pastor Ed
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment