Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

June 7 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
He Is Enough
 

Daily Scripture
2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.”
  
Encouragement
In our text today, Paul is addressing the issue of giving with the church in Corinth. They, like anyone, had the potential to see their material passions as their wealth, and their employer as the source of their supply. He stresses in the text that God is the supplier of everything we need. But it wasn’t their wealth he addressed first, it was the increase of grace. You see, grace is God's favor as He pursues man for a relationship. Then, Paul qualifies what His abundance is meant for. Good works. Good works simply means doing the things He has called us to do every day. It's living with character and virtue in our everyday life. This kind of living affects the Kingdom that we have been called to help build.
 
Apply God’s Word
I have had the unfortunate experience of thinking I had enough gas in my tank when it said it was on empty. You guessed it, I underestimated how much I had. It’s not fun standing by your car filling it with gas as the rest of the world passes you by, and wondering why you didn’t respond to the big red E on your dash board. Well, this just will not happen when it comes to God's supply. There is a never ending supply of Grace as we need it. Not material things, but grace. His never-ending love of us as we need it to navigate through this present life. So if you’re feeling like your running on E, gas up with His never-ending grace. Keep in mind we will run out if we choose to ignore the E. Do you need to stop today and grace up?

Come into His Presence
Father, help me to pay attention to the E. I’m feeling a bit low, so I ask for Your ever-increasing grace. Help me to use the grace for those around me today. To show the grace that I have been shown. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.
Ed Herald
Senior Pastor


Email Pastor Ed
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment