Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Saturday, June 11, 2016

June 11 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
Sell Out!
 

Daily Scripture
John 18:22
So when Jesus heard these things, He said to him, “You still lack one thing. Sell all that you have and distribute to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” But when he heard this, he became very sorrowful, for he was very rich.”
  
Encouragement
Luke was writing about an exchange between Jesus and a rich young man. The rich young man asked Jesus how he could find eternal life. Well, Jesus’ response shocked everyone. He told the young man, “sell out”, and follow Me. Sell everything? That was just too much for the rich young man to except, so he just turned and walked away.
 
Apply God’s Word
Today many are turning and walking away as this young man did. The cost is just too much when we see the things we must surrender to be His follower. Listen, you can’t pick and choose this journey of following. Our lives are so cluttered and controlled by our stuff that the thought of selling out for Him is a gut-wrenching proposition. But it's all or nothing. Jesus didn’t compromise with this young rich man so he would give a lot of money to the ministry. Selling all was the entry fee. This doesn’t mean we must sell everything we own to be saved. But it does mean He must be first and nothing in-between me and Him. If there is, sell!

Come into His Presence
Father, I have given up all to follow, but look deep at my attitude and my actions to be certain I have nothing that I am holding onto. If I am, show me so I can sell it to follow You more closely. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.
Ed Herald
Senior Pastor


Email Pastor Ed
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment