Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

June 21 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
Close Than You Think
 

Daily Scripture
Psalm 34:18
The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit.”
 
Encouragement 
Right now, right where you are, our Heavenly Father is so close to you. To some reading this it may be very challenging to accept God as Father, simply because your earthly father was not a good daddy and his example was reflected upon The Heavenly Father. Let me encourage you right now that God, the Creator and everlasting Father, is close to you and He longs to embrace you in the rejection, neglect, and pain that you wrestle with.

Apply God’s Word
In Psalm 34:18 we discover that our Great God is near to those who have broken hearts, contrite spirits. This applies to hearts repentant from sin and hearts that are broken with pain. Our Heavenly Father is right there with you, right now, right in the middle of that pain. Together, let’s activate this scripture in our lives today by accepting the invitation that He is near to us and saves us. Receive Him in right now with all of the healing love that He has to give and more. Don’t let the earthly rejections and neglects hold you captive anymore. Receive your healing from The Father who never fails or disappoints.
 
Come into His Presence
My Heavenly Father, I open my heart to You now and ask that You would come in and flood me with Your healing love. I give to You the wounds caused by my earthly parents and I rejoice that You never fail or disappoint. Today I choose to accept the invitation that you are near to me and You want to save me. I love You, Daddy. In Jesus Name, amen.
Jarrod Herald
Pastor

Email Jarrod
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment