Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Saturday, June 25, 2016

June 25 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
The Christian Household - Part 1
 

Daily Scripture
Psalms 127:1-2
Unless the Lord builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the Lord guards the city, The watchman stays awake in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, To sit up late, To eat the bread of sorrows; For so He gives His beloved sleep.”
 
Encouragement 
There is a song that I'm reminded of. The words are:
"Jesus be the center of my life
Jesus be the center of my life
From beginning to the end
It will always be, it's always been You
Jesus, Jesus. Nothing else matters,
Nothing in this world will do
'Cause Jesus You're the center,
Everything revolves around You
Jesus You"

When Jesus is not my center, whatever I do is meaningless, because the motive of my heart is not devoted to King Jesus. People can busy themselves very easily with pleasures of this world, but when the purposes of my heart are not the purposes of the Father's heart, in the end all of it is just labor in vain and meaningless.

Apply God’s Word
I will strive daily to put aside vain labor, living my life without meaning and purpose. Let me not go another moment of giving into complacency or mediocrity. I will allow King Jesus to revive my heart, passion and dreams within me that might be lying dormant. In my family we have created a fun cheer that we say that helps promote Jesus as the center of our family. Maybe you might consider doing the same thing with yours. Our cheer goes like this, "we are a strong family unit, and Jesus is our King!"
 
Come into His Presence
King Jesus, reign in my heart, renew and transform my mind, so that I will remain focused on You. Stir me, Lord Jesus, to righteousness, so that I will lead my children along the paths of righteousness. Heavenly Father, my will is that Your will be done in my life. Lord, thank You that my life is meaningful, because I choose to make You the center of it. I live only for You, Lord Jesus, in Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Jarrod Herald
Pastor

Email Jarrod
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment