Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Friday, June 24, 2016

June 24 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
Spiritual Inheritance
 

Daily Scripture
Exodus 20:4-6
You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.”
 
Encouragement 
To everyone reading this right now, this is such good news for our families now and families to come! Listen, the Lord God promises that for the sins we commit, and if we’re not repentant, we will most likely see those sins and judgment fall upon our children’s children (to the third and fourth generations.) What? That’s not good news, Jarrod! I know, I know. Read on. “BUT SHOWING MERCY TO THOUSANDS, TO THOSE WHO LOVE AND KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.” Yes, Lord. What a powerful blessing and promise from our everlasting Heavenly Father. This kind of word from God makes you want to repent of everything (which we should do) just so the generations to come from our bloodline are blessed. Let’s teach our children, grandchildren, and loved ones to truly live for God, honor and love Him! My family and I are direct benefactors of this truth from Exodus 20:4-6. My grandparents honored the Lord and raised my parents in God’s presence, Word, and grace. Now my siblings and their families, and my wife, children and I serve the Lord. On my mother’s side of the family they have traced Christians and Ministers of the Gospel all the way back to the 1600’s! I have often wondered, which one of my distant ancestors should I thank for loving and honoring the Lord so much that 400+ years later their great grandchildren (many times over) are still serving Jesus!

Apply God’s Word
Let me encourage you, it’s NOT too late for your loved one to step into their Spiritual Inheritance. The inheritance they have in the Lord Jesus comes through you! Yes, it comes through you. It’s only been in recent history that natural inheritance from parents given to their children happens when the parent passes away. It used to be that parents would give their children the inheritance while they are still alive; so that parent can see their children enjoy the blessings of the inheritance. Now, ask Holy Spirit how, when and where you can help your loved ones receive from their spiritual inheritance now. Tell them about Jesus’ love and grace; God’s wonderful Word and plans. Teach your children and grandchildren how to experience, pray to, and speak with God.
 
Come into His Presence
My Heavenly Father, thank You for being so true to Your Word. You are more faithful than words could ever express, more than thoughts could comprehend. Thank You that Your Word says that generations in my bloodline that I may never meet will receive mercy from You if they love You and keep Your commandments. I step into this truth today and pray that You will shower my future generations with Your everlasting love. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Jarrod Herald
Pastor

Email Jarrod
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment