Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Sunday, March 6, 2016

March 6 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
I Am Justified!
 

Daily Scripture
Isaiah 53:4-6
Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God, a punishment for his own sins! But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed. All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God’s paths to follow our own. Yet the LORD laid on him the sins of us all.”

 
Encouragement
JUSTIFIED = to declare innocent or guiltless, absolute (complete, perfect), to pardon, forgive, redeem...
Oh... to be right with God! What a wonderful gift we have been given by God through Jesus! God knew that man would sin and would need a way that could irrevocably make themselves right with Him. Jesus' death on the cross and His blood that was shed, has washed us white as snow. We have been purified, made innocent, guiltless, and FORGIVEN! God no longer sees the sin that we once carried because our faith in Christ has cleaned us up. We can walk boldly into the thrown room because the veil (which kept us from God because of our sinfulness) has been torn. I've always had a vision of myself asking God to forgive me and being told to walk through a waterfall of blood. It is the blood of Jesus' sacrifice and it is flowing continuously, fast and strong. It saturates me from my head to my toes like an oil being poured over me. When I walk out on the other side I'm dressed in the whitest of clothes, and I'm standing in a place that is white, pure, clean... It is so bright it's hard to look at. I no longer feel ashamed, guilty, dirty, unworthy, or even fearful of what God will say... I have been purified and freed from His judgment of my sin! I'm all alone in the throne room of God standing at His feet! I have come before my Creator and the King of Kings to spend time with Him, and He has allowed it to be just the two of us! I'm always amazed that "immediately" after walking through the waterfall of Jesus' blood, I am at His feet!

Apply God’s Word
Everyone will receive a final judgment (Mat 13: 36-43 and 47-50). I thank God that He has given us the ability to be justified before being judged! All you need to do is to repent of your sins, and claim His sacrifice to have been done for "your" salvation "JUST-IF-I'D never done it!" Live your life walking by faith and in freedom! Don't look back at the past, or let the devil remind you of what used to be. If you do, it's like telling Jesus that His being tortured, His blood being shed, His death on a cross, and all that He suffered for YOU wasn't enough. Have faith that our loving God wants us to live with Him for eternity, and that He made this possible through His son Jesus Christ.

Come into His Presence
Thank you, God, that I have been freed from my past and even from the mistakes that I will make in my future by the blood of Jesus. If I do look back in my past at who I was and what I've done, let me be quick to realize it's not who I am today. That it's nothing more than a pre-Jesus condition, a learning tool to do better, or a testimony to how good You are. Thank You that I am justified through my acceptance of Christ. In Jesus' name. Amen.


Kalyn Petersen
Greeter Ministry Director


Email Kalyn
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment