Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Sunday, March 27, 2016

March 27 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
The Strength of My Heart

Daily Scripture
Psalm 73:25-26 (HCSB) 
"Who do I have in heaven but You? And I desire nothing on earth but You. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart, my portion forever."

Encouragement
In this psalm, Asaph begins by sharing that he almost fell into the trap of envying the wicked and how it seems that they do so well in this life. He saw that it seems that they are outside of God's judgment, and also sees that they are prideful and thumb their noses at God by saying that He will never find out. Nothing in this life holds a candle to what the righteous will experience with God in the next. It's very difficult to see some pridefully easing their way through life while the rest of us have to work hard at it. Asaph had to remind himself that, though he may not have it as easy as others, he was still a child of God, and saw God as his sole provider. The Bible is full of stories of how God provided for His people in His time and way, while the things of this world have been slowly wasting away. This has not changed, nor will it ever.

Apply God’s Word
Someone once said, "The best things in life aren't things." Worldly possessions will fade, but those who depend upon the Lord as their portion will never be disappointed. I know that sounds rather churchy, but it's true. God never let's His people down. Understand that this life is the best that the wicked are going to have. Then it is over. We, on the other hand, have a sure thing with God, that we will spend eternity with Him. In fact, we don't even have to wait until the next life to enjoy unfettered fellowship with God if we rely upon Him for everything. As Psalm 37 tells us to not envy the prideful evildoers, but rather to trust in the Lord, so those who put Scriptures like that to the test will never be disappointed. Today, choose to see God as your portion, instead of envying the things, or life, you do not have. Let God prove to you His love today.

Come into His Presence
Heavenly Father, I am frustrated when I see the rest of the world prospering while thumbing their noses at You, and not even giving You the glory for being their provider, but thinking that they are self-made. I often think, "When, God? When will You make life easier on me and let me experience life to the fullest?" Please show me that experiencing life to the fullest has nothing to do with things or life being easy, but rather having You as my portion and allowing You to be in control of my entire being. Be my rock! Be my portion! Show me how to fully trust in You alone. In Jesus' name, amen.
 
Greg Minassian
Pastor


Email Pastor Greg
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment