Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March 22 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
Leaving a Legacy

Daily Scripture
Psalm 71:18-21 (HCSB) 
"Even when I am old and gray, God, do not abandon me. Then I will proclaim Your power to another generation, Your strength to all who are to come. Your righteousness reaches heaven, God, You who have done great things; God, who is like You? You caused me to experience many troubles and misfortunes, but You will revive me again, even from the depths of the earth. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again."

Encouragement
God is our faithful friend, even into our old age. When we die, if we know Him, we will spend eternity with Him and He will be a true friend to those who know Him in the next generation. It's progressive in nature. My friends, it is up to us to preserve the teachings of God for the next generation, especially in this day and age. It is also expedient to teach about spiritual disciplines such as fasting, prayer, meditation etc., so that the next generation will learn how to seek the Lord. It is equally important to teach the next generation, and keep learning this for ourselves, that even when we walk through tough times, He is right there by our side and will bring us out (see Isaiah 43). In this culture and society, people need to be taught to trust the Lord and see the greatness of our God.

Apply God’s Word
Take time out to disciple someone. If you are a parent, teach your kids. If they are really young, simplify the Scriptures for them into bite-sized pieces. Teach Biblical things. Model them in front of your kids, grandkids and great-grandkids. Teach the old hymns of the faith. Teach them good theology. Take them on hikes and show them the splendor of God's majesty. Take them to church and show them what it's like to fellowship. Pray with them, model Godliness for them because it is up to you to set the foundations in their lives (see Psalm 11:13).

Come into His Presence
Lord, help me to live in such a way as to leave a legacy for those who follow after me. Help me to watch my mouth and set a good example. Thank You for all of those who took the time to model Godliness in front of me. Let me do the same for the next generation. In Jesus' name, amen.
 
Greg Minassian
Pastor


Email Pastor Greg
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment