Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Thursday, March 31, 2016

March 31 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
God is Worthy

Daily Scripture
Psalm 65:1-2 (HCSB) 
"Praise is rightfully Yours, God in Zion; vows to You will be fulfilled. All humanity will come to You, the One who hears prayer."

Encouragement
God alone is worthy to receive all praise. The psalmist gives many scenarios for this. Among all of the aspects of creation, the most important aspect of God is that He hears us when we pray to Him. This must have been very encouraging to the psalmist's original audience, and since the psalms are an official book of prayer and worship, people can find hope in the fact that God listens. God indeed listens when we come to Him. All of creation shouts that He is worthy of all praise!

Apply God’s Word
When I feel like God is far away from me, the truth of the matter is what the Bible says. God's word is our rule for faith and practice, so I can believe that God not only sees me, but that He listens to me when I pray. Additionally it is up to me to quiet my spirit down to listen to Him talk back, because prayer is a two-way conversation between us and God. Many people may be great examples of Godliness, but only God is worthy of our prayers, worship and praise!

Come into His Presence
Lord, You are worthy of my praise. Creation worships You with all of its aspects, which You have created. You are holy, and I am thankful that You are there for me always because I could never make it without You. Thank You for never giving up on me. In Jesus' name, amen.
 
Greg Minassian
Pastor


Email Pastor Greg
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment