Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Thursday, September 29, 2016

September 29 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
The Right Path
 

Daily Scripture
Hebrews 3:7-10
Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: "Today, if you will hear His voice, not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, In the day of trial in the wilderness, Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me, and saw My works forty years. Therefore I was angry with that generation, and said, 'They always go astray in their heart, and they have not known My ways.'”
  
Encouragement
The writer of this verse hits on a point that we must all address in our own walk. Numbers 11 reminds us of just one of the times that the children of Israel made decisions that were not in keeping with the plan God had set for them. Their path began in Genesis 12 when God spoke to their patriarch and gave him the path they were to follow. As the years passed and the people prospered and multiplied, they became more inclined to allow other interests to persuade them away from the path God had given them. But, as God does, He continually worked to bring them back to the original plan He gave Moses. Leave where you are and Go to the promise land. Sounds like something we could all go after fairly easy. Promised land!
 
Take Action!
Life is not a cake walk. It requires diligent intention. By diligent I mean we must work hard at staying on the task ahead of us. The word intentions means we have a purpose. God designed us and molded us in life and for life to reach His intended purpose. The path of life is not meant to cross periodically, its meant to walk on. Allow me to put it another way. I have and I’m certain you are in the same place where it seems we cross places that we feel we were made for. Maybe you’re in a job that you’re not happy with and you know there is something else you feel better suited for. That place you just know God has for you to walk in. You have a choice; you can stay or begin to work with diligent intention, toward the path you were meant to walk. Remember this takes prayer, relationship with God and time.

Come into His Presence
Father, help me to see the path You have for me. I feel I’m crossing the path You have for me, help me to get there and walk on the path You have for me. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.
Ed Herald
Senior Pastor


Email Pastor Ed
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment