Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Monday, October 3, 2016

October 3 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
Getting Back on the Path
 

Daily Scripture
Hebrews 3:7-10
Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: "Today, if you will hear His voice, not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, In the day of trial in the wilderness, Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me, and saw My works forty years. Therefore I was angry with that generation, and said, 'They always go astray in their heart, and they have not known My ways.'”
  
Encouragement
Previously we looked at this verse as it pertained to the path we choose to travel. I want to once again look at the same verse in light of the path. The path of God is much like the plan of God. Just like a pilot trusting the air traffic controller. We must learn to trust the path or plan God has for us to walk. This is the part of the journey where we walk by faith. It's where we simply learn to trust His voice. The struggle for the children of Israel was no different than that of our struggles today. They saw, heard and felt as we do. And they put trust in those things rather than the voice of the Holy Spirit.
 
Take Action!
In my search for the right route to get me to my destination. I have found myself crossing over the road I just knew I should have turned on. When that happens, my first thought is, “I think I should have taken that road”. I missed my turn. Thank God for the many opportunities affords us ahead with turns that ultimately lead us back to the road we missed. God is faithful and will not leave us without a route back. When we miss the road, and we will miss the roads ahead at times, He’s there with the way back. Listen closely today. If you missed your turn, watch for the signs to guide you back

Come into His Presence
Father, help! We are all capable of missing the many roads that You have planned ahead for us. Help us today to be watchful for the signs that lead us to our intended destination. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.
Ed Herald
Senior Pastor


Email Pastor Ed
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment