Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Sunday, September 11, 2016

September 11 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
Above All

Daily Scripture
Psalm 113:4 (HCSB) 
"Yahweh is exalted above all the nations, His glory above the heavens."

Encouragement
One day, when I was sitting in a meeting, I looked out the window and noticed both the top of the building next to us and the sky. I then thought about larger buildings like the Twin Towers in New York City, before their demise in 2001, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France, the Space Needle in Seattle, Washington and many others. I also thought of the world's tallest mountains like Everest, Pike's Peak, Rainier and others. What do all these have in common? None of them touch the sky. The sky, also called the heavens, goes on and on, no matter how tall something is, man-made or natural. The psalmist here draws attention to the truth that God is above everything and can do anything, even what we would consider "the impossible."

Take Action!
While we, or any other person, is imperfect, not being perfect or strong enough to do everything, especially what we would consider impossible, God is not limited. He makes a way where there seems to be no way. This same God, who is the only true God, not only created all of mankind, but also reaches out in love to each and every one, desiring deeply to have fellowship with them and be their God (see Revelation 3:20). Today, humble yourself, realizing that He alone is God and His desire is for your own good because He loves you. As you go through today, think on Him and His great strength, mercy and love (see Romans chapter 8).

Come into His Presence
Lord, thank You for loving me and showing Yourself strong. I humble myself and ask You to be my Lord and Savior today. Help me today to trust You more than I trust myself, or anyone else. In Jesus' name, amen.
 
Greg Minassian
Pastor


Email Pastor Greg
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment