Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

September 20 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
Faithful Helper!

Daily Scripture
Psalm 118:1, 5-9, 14 (HCSB) 
"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His faithful love endures forever...I called to the Lord in distress; the Lord answered me and put me in a spacious place. The Lord is for me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? The Lord is my helper, therefore, I will look in triumph on those who hate me. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in nobles...The Lord is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation."

Encouragement
There are a few words and sentences that need to be mentioned here. The first is "His faithful love endures forever." Let's break this down. To be faithful is to be reliable. Only God can be reliable all the time, and that's why we're told that it is better to trust in the Lord than anyone else. God's love is a love that looks out for the best in us. To say that His love endures forever is to say that no matter how many mood swings we have, no matter how happy we are, or mad at Him, He is even-tempered with us and will always be there for us, loving us no matter what, or no matter the circumstance we find ourselves in, whether we're to blame or our demise is caused by outside situations. No human can ever be that faithful. That's why it would be foolish to look to anyone else instead of God. In fact, all through the Bible we're told to look to and trust the Lord. Now. the psalmist says, "Don't trust in people over God." Enough said. Some say that it's because God can't be seen, nor can His work, so we trust in what we can see. When we do that, we're telling God, "You're not moving fast enough, and I don't know how trustworthy You are because I can't see you." Not only are you admitting that you're a control freak, but you're also not allowing God to stretch your faith (see John 20:29). As lovingly as I can tell you, "STOP IT!" Let God be God, and you be His child.

Take Action!
God is crazy about you, and does appreciate that you believe even if you can't see. But, really, you can see if you take time to quiet your spirit down and meditate on Him and His word, the Bible. In fact, it is expected of you if you're going to call yourself a Christian, because if Jesus is not Lord of all, He isn't Lord at all. He wants you to experience all that He has for you, and show you that He is listening, but He cannot do it when you're too busy spending time on Facebook looking at all the stupid things like pictures of cats and food that someone has taken a picture of. Trust me, all that will be there later. Time spent with the Lord is much better than the latest Chuck Norris saying. Remember that one word from God can change your life forever, and if you're too busy for God, you're too busy. Remember that even Jesus had to go off by Himself and pray. Do it. You won't be sorry.

Come into His Presence
Lord, please forgive me for not trusting in You, and placing all of my time, energy and trust in someone else. Sometimes my faith is not so strong because I can't see or hear you. But it's in those times that I need to be focused on listening to hear Your voice all the more. Thank You for putting up with me all these years. In Jesus' name, amen.
 
Greg Minassian
Pastor


Email Pastor Greg
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment