Victory's EDIFY Devotional

Sunday, September 4, 2016

September 4 Edify Devotional

Today’s Devotional Theme     
Lost Without Him
 

Daily Scripture
Exodus 33:14-17
And He said, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Then he said to Him, “If Your Presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here. For how then will it be known that Your people and I have found grace in Your sight, except You go with us? So we shall be separate, Your people and I, from all the people who are upon the face of the earth.” So the Lord said to Moses, “I will also do this thing that you have spoken; for you have found grace in My sight, and I know you by name.”
 
Encouragement 
This is one of my favorite dialogues and stories between man and God. Moses, standing before God Almighty and representing his people, converses with God that they truly are lost without His presence and they won’t move without Him. God’s response is so beautiful. He tells Moses that He will do as Moses requests (His presence to go or stay), he found grace in God’s sight, and that God knows Moses by name. Wow! What a relationship to have with the Creator; face to face, name to Name.
 
Take Action!
Friend, God’s presence is all we need. We’re marked by His presence. Exodus 33:16 begs the question “how then will it be known that Your people and I have found grace in your sight, EXCEPT You go with us?” You can hear and feel the humility of Moses in his inquiries to God. “God, if Your presence, Your blessing, Your glory doesn’t go with us, then how else will other nations, even enemies, know You are with us?” May your life, this day, be so hungry for more of God that you speak to God and say, “Father, if You don’t go with me I might as well be lost.” Stay hungry for more of God. He WILL feed you. He is faithful, He is good. If we ask Him to be with us, He will be with us.
 
Come into His Presence
Heavenly Father, go with me today. Flood every place I go with Your presence. Conquer the enemy before me with Your very presence. I declare You are my God and I am Yours. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Jarrod Herald
Pastor

Email Jarrod
 
Victory Christian Center
18180 US Highway 150
Bloomington, Illinois 61705
309.663.7233
www.VictoryPeople.org
www.Facebook.com/VictoryPeople.org

No comments:

Post a Comment